As we embark on another school year, I wanted to remind everyone about the rules and expectations of the WRHS Library Media Center:
Monday - Thursday 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Friday 7:00 a.m. to 2:10 p.m.
Please note that the LMC is NOT OPEN after school on Fridays.
Library Media Center Mission Statement:
The mission of the library media program is to support and enrich the philosophy and curriculum of Wachusett Regional High School by ensuring that students, faculty, and staff are effective users of ideas and information. This mission is accomplished:
- By providing intellectual and physical access to materials in diverse formats.
- By providing instruction to foster competence and stimulate interest in reading, viewing, and using information and ideas.
- By working collaboratively with other educators to design learning strategies to meet the needs of individual students.
- Students must obtain a pass from a Library Media Center staff member or classroom teacher to visit the LMC.
- Long block study students must obtain a pass from the LMC staff either after school the day before the study, or before school the morning of the study. No other passes will be accepted for long block study.
- All students must sign in on the attendance roster at the front desk as they enter the library.
- Students must adhere to the District's Acceptable Use Policy when using a computer. At all times, computers may only be used for educational and/or academic purposes. Social media may only be used if assigned by a teacher. Gaming is not permitted.
- Food, drink, and gum are not permitted in the Library Media Center, nor in the computer labs. Nutrition break snacks must be consumed before students arrive to the Library Media Center.
- Books and other materials may be borrowed for a three week period, and may be renewed if no reserves have been placed on the item(s).
- Students make check-out up to five books at a time.
- A coin-operated copier is available for student use for $.10 per page. Students conducting research using books in the Library Media Center and/or computer labs have access to free copies during the classroom period. Copies made after school or for presentations must be copied at cost.
- Printing is free, but students may not print multiple copies of the same document. If students requires multiple copies of the same document, they may use the student copier.
- The Library Media Center is an area for quiet study and research. Students are expected to respect the rights of others and behave accordingly.
That's it! If you have questions about our policies, please feel free to stop by to talk with a member of the LMC staff.
I wish you all a wonderful first day of the 2014-15 school year!